maven-users mailing list archives

From Adam Retter <adam.ret...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: New logo?
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 12:45:18 GMT
Does the Apache Foundation of any of its members have any money to
engage a graphical designer? I was just thinking that after the
voting, you could get a designer to do a proper job on the logo
(perhaps producing some variations of the voted on design which could
again be voted on further?). I do not mean any offence to everyone
that submitted designs, but clearly we are not professional artists
;-)

On 14 January 2014 12:40, Stephen Connolly
<stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are "Apache Maven" so there is always going to be that temptation to
> abuse the "Apache" link...
>
> I would like to hear more about your objections.
>
> Keep in mind that ultimately it will come down to a vote...
>
> I'm thinking we have two rounds of voting... the first round to select the
> top 3 and the second round to select the winner...
>
> WIth the above scheme I would plan on having a healthy discussion of the
> top 3 candidates in case any are deemed inappropriate, i.e. the PMC will
> reserve the right to veto any that it deems inappropriate, substituting
> with the next most popular.
>
> Then the winner will be an open vote from the 3 finalists...
>
> Or at least that is my plan
>
> So far we have about 8 ideas...
>
> * The moose with the internet in his hand
>
> * The owl
>
> * The assembly line
>
> * The honey badger
>
> * The two yurts in a native american style
>
> * The twin peaks
>
> * The fedora as an M (likely too close to redhat... so not counting for now)
>
> * A simple lettering with a monochrome feather
>
> * A stylized lettering with the feather as a y
>
> If we get to about 15-20 ideas and/or there seems to be a stop to the flow
> of new ideas, then I will probably call the first round of voting...
>

> On 14 January 2014 12:19, Tim Pizey <timp@paneris.org> wrote:
>
>> That looks really nice (though I do have problems with any North
>> American Indian references).
>>
>> cheers
>> TimP
>>
>> On 14 January 2014 12:08, Stephen Connolly
>> <stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Putting maven-20 in context, you get:
>> >

>> http://people.apache.org/~stephenc/maven-logo-contest/maven-20-in-context.png

>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/38569278/maven-19.png?version=1&modificationDate=1389695638903&api=v2