maven-users mailing list archives

From Jeff <predato...@gmail.com>
Subject Perforce and Maven Release process help...
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 00:22:40 GMT
I'm stuck.  I don't normally use Perforce. I don't know why the Maven
release process doesn't work with Perforce.

I can pull and build the source.  When I use the Jenkins Maven Release
plugin, I give it my personal credentials.  My user owns the Jenkins_master
work space I created.  It is the same user used to check out the source
initially.

The error I get is:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.3.2:prepare
(default-cli) on project webpulse-parent-pom: Error writing POM:
/home/tomcat7/.jenkins/jobs/my-parent-pom/workspace/pom.xml
(Permission denied) -> [Help 1]

I thought it was because it was read-only but after adding the 'allwrite'
option, I get the error:

[INFO] Checking in modified POMs...

[ERROR] CommandLineException Exit code: 1 - Error in change specification.

Can't include file(s) not already opened.

Open new files with p4 add, p4 edit, etc.

Doesn't the Maven Perforce connector do a 'p4 edit' before trying to
change/submit the POM?

What am I doing wrong?

--

Jeff Vincent