maven-users mailing list archives

From JBaruch <jbar...@jfrog.com>
Subject Re: Maven Central Opinion
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 21:48:03 GMT
Hi Tommy et al,

here's another option for you:

You can leverage bintray.com to sync to Maven Central from there. For
starter, you'll just get your artifacts to Maven Central in more sane way -
no parent poms, no maven-release-plugin, no 20 pages guides. Just get your
artifacts to Bintray, include them in the JCenter repo (which is a superset
of central, btw), and voila, once your pom is good (all the needed tags
like description, developers, etc), your artifacts are in Central. But
that's just a start. You'll probably discover some nice features of Bintray
by its own merit - near real-time stats, packages watching and inclusion,
organizations support, fast CDN downloads, etc.

Anyway, give it a try, your opinion on a painful Maven Central onboading
might change.

Baruch.

P.S. I am very much affiliated with Bintray and proud of it :)
--
JFrog Developer Advocate
www.jfrog.com