maven-users mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New logo?
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 07:20:21 GMT
I think the association-work around what maven /is/ is a great way to
approach a logo contest elsewhere. I have worked with some great graphic
designers in my time, and the kind input the good ones want are typically
related around your thoughts/feelings around the product rather than which
particular animal you prefer, which is a bit of a secondary kind of input
along with all different kinds of other constraints/ideas (the boss prefers
blue).

When I first encountered maven I had come to the realization that all my
ant projects were basically the same, and that there was no reason for
customizing
what was basically a standard process. So maven gives me associations to a
mass-production line at a factory, rather than a tailor making individual
processes. Furthermore, the lifecycle amplifies the idea of a conveyor-belt
mass-production line; all parts move through the same conveyor belt
process, stopping at
individual stages to get work done. I would almost be willing to think of a
waterfall (Uh-oh...)

So it would appear to me that I'm not thinking of an animal at all !

Kristian