maven-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Evgeny Mandrikov <mandri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jacoco-dev] Options for producing class files with different compilers via Maven
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 22:31:36 GMT
Indeed, but I missed your point about sources (time to go to bed) and
thought that you wanted to duplicate sources. But then it looks good
already, isn't it? Or I again missed what embarrasses you in the current
solution?


On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 11:16 PM, Mirko Friedenhagen <mfriedenhagen@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hello Evgeny,
>
> that is very unmavenly ;-). I have a prototype at
> https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/org.jacoco.filteringsamples.
> Regards Mirko
> --
> http://illegalstateexception.blogspot.com/
> https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/ (http://osrc.dfm.io/mfriedenhagen)
> https://bitbucket.org/mfriedenhagen/
>
>
> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 10:35 PM, Evgeny Mandrikov <mandrikov@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have feeling that you ( "we" :) ) could simply use single module and
> > define several executions of:
> >
> > maven-compiler-plugin for compilation
> > maven-assembly-plugin to create JARs and attach them as additional
> project
> > artifacts
> >
> > But I never tried this.
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 10:13 PM, Mirko Friedenhagen
> > <mfriedenhagen@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> in the JaCoCo project (a Java code coverage library which uses a Java
> >> agent approach during runtime) we produce some false positives of
> >> uncovered code because of unreachable (e.g. private constructor of a
> >> util class) or synthetic java code (e.g. enum values()).
> >>
> >> As we inspect the class files only, we may not (or better do not want
> >> to) rely on parsing the source code for discovering such conditions.
> >> During some experiments we detected that different compilers (javac vs
> >> eclipse ecj) produce very different byte code in classes for the
> >> above. This might be the case for different versions of Sun/Oracle JDK
> >> or JDKs of other vendors as well. I already took a look at "Using
> >> Non-Javac Compilers" of the maven-compiler-plugin[1]
> >>
> >> Now my question:
> >> - What would be the best approach to produce JARs which contain class
> >> files of above mentioned false positives produced by the different
> >> compilers?
> >> - My first idea was to define a define a multi module project with a
> >> JAR module which will only produce a source jar, which will be
> >> unpacked as "generated-sources" in sibling modules which are then
> >> compiled by the different compilers.
> >>
> >> For additional ideas or caveats I would be grateful.
> >>
> >>
> >> Regards Mirko
> >> [0] https://github.com/jacoco/jacoco/wiki/FilteringOptions
> >> [1]
> >>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/non-javac-compilers.html
> >> --
> >> http://illegalstateexception.blogspot.com/
> >> https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/ (http://osrc.dfm.io/mfriedenhagen)
> >> https://bitbucket.org/mfriedenhagen/
> >>
> >> --
> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups
> >> "JaCoCo Developers" group.
> >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
> an
> >> email to jacoco-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Evgeny Mandrikov aka Godin <http://godin.net.ru>
> > http://twitter.com/_godin_
> >
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "JaCoCo Developers" group.
> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> > email to jacoco-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "JaCoCo Developers" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to jacoco-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>



-- 
Best regards,
Evgeny Mandrikov aka Godin <http://godin.net.ru>
http://twitter.com/_godin_

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message