maven-users mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <>
Subject Re: Maven install phase - Access is denied
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 22:57:05 GMT
On 9 January 2014 06:56, andre999 <> wrote:
> <build>
>                         <plugin>
>                                 <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                         <artifactId>maven-install-plugin</artifactId>
>                         <version>2.5.1</version>
>                         <configuration>
>                                 <file>certloader-custom-action.jar</file>
>                                 <file>certloader-custom-action-sources.jar</file>

What do you expect this section to do?
does not have a file property.
And file implies a single entry, specifying it a second time would
mean you overwrite the previous value.
Lists are normally plural. (something like

If you want the sources to also be installed use the source plugin

You shouldn't need this section on install at all.

I can't see anything in that pom that would mean a directory is being
installed into your local m2 cache.

The assembly plugin can have these types of issues when you specify
"dir" as a distribution format on deploy.
But deploy is after install so this is not the problem.

The problem I have is that it is trying to install

Why is maven attaching \target\install4j\certImport as a build
artifact that it thinks it needs to install.

Try running mvn -X and redirect the output to a file.
Then search for target\install4j\certImport and see which plugin is
being configured with this value.
That might give you a hint as to where to look to turn that off.
I'd almost suspect the parent pom.
Using resources:copy-resource does not attach anything to be installed
and it is the only thing that is using target\install4j\certImport
from your supplied output.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message