maven-users mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to deliberately have two dependencies with the same groupid, artifactid, and packaging, but different version?
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 00:47:42 GMT
On 14 January 2014 10:54, KARR, DAVID <dk068x@att.com> wrote:
> I have a situation where it would be convenient for my pom to have two dependencies that
are almost identical, only being different by the version.  The makeup of the artifact is
such that it would be safe (and intended) to use both of them.  The Java package used in each
is similar, but different.  The package will vary along with the version number.

> Will dependency resolution and the EAR plugin (and any other mechanism that lists dependencies)
have any trouble with this?

Can you describe why you think this would be convenient?
Have you looked at classifiers?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8040964/how-to-use-or-abuse-artifact-classifiers-in-maven