maven-users mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DefaultProjectBuilder ... mavenTools: null [Was: Re: Programmatically get maven properties]
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 23:25:06 GMT
On 8 January 2014 09:00, juliangeo <julianhernandeze@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm new to Maven and I've been struggling with this for a while. I just need
> to be able to programmatically build a project from a pom file in order to
> retrieve its relevant information. I am not using, nor want to, a maven
> plugin, just need this functionality as part of my application.
>
> I've tried the code you successfully got to work but no luck so far. I still
> get the "mavenTools: null" from the repositoryManager being null. Am I
> missing something? Should I run this on some kind of special environment?
>
> I'd appreciate any help as I'm really lost here.
[del]

Your answer is already here.

You just can't use the classes outside of the Maven environment
without also setting up all the other dependencies that are needed by
that class.
And as noted, this is done by Dependency Injection (via Plexus).
You will need to look at MavenArtifactRepository and see what other
objects need to be instantiated and set into it for it to work
properly.

Your use case is not something others are really trying to do, so you
are unlikely to find someone with the knowledge to help.