maven-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Rueden <ctrue...@wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Maven Central Opinion
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2014 20:18:42 GMT
Hi Tommy,

> One of the "mvn release:*" commands (dont rember which ) failed if I
> did not have a SNAPSHOT version and told me the problem was that I did
> not have a SNAPSHOT version.

I did not notice any other reply specifically troubleshooting this problem,
so... my guess is that you have a SNAPSHOT dependency in your dependency
hierarchy. You cannot cut a release unless it only depends on releases.
Otherwise, the behavior of the release could change out from under you
if/when that SNAPSHOT version is updated.

If you share the exact error message you received, others can assist in
more detail.

Regards,
Curtis