maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New logo?
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 12:51:16 GMT
I think we would have no issue getting a small amount of funding from the
foundation to feed an external logo competition... but I think we would
want to have some scope defined for such a competition... so yeah I see no
issue with using the top 3 as seed for an external logo competition, e.g.
on the site already mentioned on a previous thread... but I think we do
need a spec and part of the point of this discussion is to generate such a
spec.

On 14 January 2014 12:45, Adam Retter <adam.retter@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Does the Apache Foundation of any of its members have any money to
> engage a graphical designer? I was just thinking that after the
> voting, you could get a designer to do a proper job on the logo
> (perhaps producing some variations of the voted on design which could
> again be voted on further?). I do not mean any offence to everyone
> that submitted designs, but clearly we are not professional artists
> ;-)
>
> On 14 January 2014 12:40, Stephen Connolly
> <stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:
> > We are "Apache Maven" so there is always going to be that temptation to
> > abuse the "Apache" link...
> >
> > I would like to hear more about your objections.
> >
> > Keep in mind that ultimately it will come down to a vote...
> >
> > I'm thinking we have two rounds of voting... the first round to select
> the
> > top 3 and the second round to select the winner...
> >
> > WIth the above scheme I would plan on having a healthy discussion of the
> > top 3 candidates in case any are deemed inappropriate, i.e. the PMC will
> > reserve the right to veto any that it deems inappropriate, substituting
> > with the next most popular.
> >
> > Then the winner will be an open vote from the 3 finalists...
> >
> > Or at least that is my plan
> >
> > So far we have about 8 ideas...
> >
> > * The moose with the internet in his hand
> >
> > * The owl
> >
> > * The assembly line
> >
> > * The honey badger
> >
> > * The two yurts in a native american style
> >
> > * The twin peaks
> >
> > * The fedora as an M (likely too close to redhat... so not counting for
> now)
> >
> > * A simple lettering with a monochrome feather
> >
> > * A stylized lettering with the feather as a y
> >
> > If we get to about 15-20 ideas and/or there seems to be a stop to the
> flow
> > of new ideas, then I will probably call the first round of voting...
> >

> > On 14 January 2014 12:19, Tim Pizey <timp@paneris.org> wrote:
> >
> >> That looks really nice (though I do have problems with any North
> [...]
both.