maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dependency plugin strangeness
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 11:01:51 GMT
The crucial detail was omitted... what version of Maven?

I suspect it could be a transitive dependency with system scope causing a
bug of some sort.

Most likely if you switch to a different version of Maven the command will
work... in which case you might be able to construct a test case to prove a
regression.

Touchstone versions of Maven to try are: 2.2.1, 3.0.4/3.0.5 and 3.1.1

If you see the error on all three then it is something different... but
still an important data point.

More of the stack trace would help... ideally include a line or two above
and below... there is often crucial details therein... if you need to hide
GAV details, change the groupId's to something gibberish, e.g.
com.foobar:foo-manchu:1.0-SNAPSHOT and other dummy GAVs