maven-users mailing list archives

From "KARR, DAVID" <dk0...@att.com>
Subject RE: Is it possible to deliberately have two dependencies with the same groupid, artifactid, and packaging, but different version?
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 15:10:40 GMT

A new version of this artifact is produced perhaps once a month.  Perhaps 2-3 versions of
this artifact will be referenced in the client code base at one time.  More versions than
that are supported in the server code base, throughout all environments.  The only difference
in the reported name of this artifact from one version to the next is the version number.

Again, I didn't want to debate whether this is "convenient", I just wanted to know if Maven
dependency resolution and things like the EAR plugin will have any trouble incorporating multiple
dependencies with the same G:A, but different version.