maven-users mailing list archives

From "KARR, DAVID" <dk0...@att.com>
Subject Is it possible to deliberately have two dependencies with the same groupid, artifactid, and packaging, but different version?
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 00:24:14 GMT
I have a situation where it would be convenient for my pom to have two dependencies that are
almost identical, only being different by the version.  The makeup of the artifact is such
that it would be safe (and intended) to use both of them.  The Java package used in each is
similar, but different.  The package will vary along with the version number.

Will dependency resolution and the EAR plugin (and any other mechanism that lists dependencies)
have any trouble with this?