maven-users mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <russell.g...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: short and snappy description of what Maven is
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 17:57:22 GMT
Of course, you could say that about Gradle, too. And ant now does have the ability to use those
dependency features.

I went through this when creating my video course (not in the sig because this is work email).
It’s not clear to me that you can make a one sentence description that will provide sufficiently
useful information unless something like:

"Maven is a build tool which consumes and produces artifacts managed in a repository."

But that is not going to help people coming new to the project.

I think I am missing the motivation here.Is the target for this description people deciding
whether to try Maven? People trying to learn how to use it?