maven-users mailing list archives

From "Will Hoover" <java.whoo...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: New logo?
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 17:35:59 GMT
Here's a VERY rough draft of a possible logo (I'm sure someone else can make it look more sleek):

http://s21.postimg.org/41q3n4mk7/maven.png

-----Original Message-----
From: t.cservenak@gmail.com [mailto:t.cservenak@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Tamás Cservenák
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2014 11:33 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: New logo?

About raven, is already "taken":
http://www.maven.co/

Some "sneaky peaks" for same named (but non related sites) -- just to see what others came
up with:
http://www.maven-sf.com/
http://lasp.colorado.edu/home/maven/
http://www.php-maven.org/

And my personal fav:
http://mavenberlin.com/en

Their stylised "M" made out of two triangles is just great.

And then, as I also like abstract things a bit more than explicit drawings representing explicit
stuff/beings, I figured what might represent visually Maven (I admit, was inspired with MavenBerlin
intersecting triangles, as there, it reflects the intersection of multidisciplinary creativity):
a mountain(s), a twin peak ("M"), you have to climb..... (and everyone finish their story,
mountain might be "effort", "knowledge", "sweat" or whatever :D )

Something like these
http://www.leelau.net/2005/clemenceau/Miscellanous/traverseduplicatemountainnwview04.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JFyYp4QeFvU/Td_kvtpZNBI/AAAAAAAAAFk/_axAJllIgF8/s1600/snowcap2.png

And finally, just a quick quick silly draft of logos, two versions.

First, is obviously what maven is <today/> :D

Second is the one with stylized peaks, variations on "M as mountain" idea:D

http://screencast.com/t/JSpjKNrhBJLJ