maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Value of a prodyct comparison
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 16:06:15 GMT
I agree. No product comparison on the first page.

If one is written, it should be accurate and fair but, of course, it
will focus on things that the Maven community values and that reflect
the most common development practices as the community sees them.

It should be written in such a way that people who should use Ant will
understand why Maven is not the right choice and people who should use
Gradle will understand what they are gaining and what they are losing.
(Marmite haters should be allowed to go in peace with our blessing)
It should not be written in a way that starts a flame war or is
unhelpful to the developer who reads it.

Ron