maven-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Turcotte <pat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Misunderstanding modules: "Two or more projects in the reactor have the same identifier"
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 13:25:52 GMT

We are doing something similar with what I call an assembly project.

I have the following structure:

assembly
   - pom.xml
   - projectA
     - pom.xml
   - projectB
     - pom.xml
   - projectC
     - pom.xml
   - projectX
     - pom.xml

Where the assembly's pom.xml contains like:

<packaging>pom</packaging>
<modules>
   <module>projectA</module>
   <module>projectB</module>
   <module>projectC</module>
   <module>projectX</module>
</modules>

And dependencies between projects are set within each module (versions
may be in a parent pom)

Then, in my "assembly" project, I do
mvn install

Or, with multiple windows open, I would do a mvn install for projectA
and then switch to projectX and build it.

Hope this helps.

Patrick

On 07/01/14 12:49 AM, Barrie Treloar wrote:
>> What I've often done here is create a new workspace area that contains symlinks (
or git submodule checkouts ) of each of the modules I'm working on, and having a simple pom.xml
in the top level that sets up a reactor build, then just build that.