maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: short and snappy description of what Maven is
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 20:23:59 GMT
On 06/01/2014 3:08 PM, Russell Gold wrote:
> Several sentences sounds good. But here’s another question. Comparing Maven to ant
is almost too easy in terms of advantages. Is gradle now a serious competitor (I had been
working on converting an enormous project to maven, but the architect decided to switch to
gradle, so I am particularly sensitive to the issue). I can see some superficial advantages
of gradle that might appeal to some projects. Is it better to ignore or address this?

The more that can be said to relate Maven to what the reader already
knows or is considering, the more useful the paragraph.
There is no reason why the following paragraphs could not point deeper
into the documentation for comparisons with Ant or Gradle.
I would suggest that the first paragraph not include links so that the
reader can at least get through one clear section before starting to
jump around and get carried off into the world of hyperlinks.

Ron