maven-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: maven-release-plugin oddity - no git commit under mvn 3.1.1
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 21:33:54 GMT
Hi,

Here's a list of the maven-release-plugin and the matching SCM versions.

m-release-plugin:2.3.2 depends on scm:1.7
m-release-plugin:2.4 depends on scm:1.8 (standard upgrade, incl. SCM-686)
m-release-plugin:2.4.1 depends on scm:1.7 (back due to MRELEASE-830,
SCM-709 )
m-release-plugin:2.4.2 depends on scm:1.7

SCM-686 introduced the porcelain option. However, suddenly all releases
where evaluated/tagged from the root of the repository instead of the root
of the project. This broke a lot of projects, more compared to the
addition of porcelain, so I decided to fall back to 1.7.
SCM-709 is probably fixed by now, but I'm still missing the feedback. I've
closed it as part of SCM 1.9, so I'll include it with the next m-release-p.

Robert