maven-users mailing list archives

From Dimitar Gospodinov <maven...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Releasing artifacts with and without debug info
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 11:58:43 GMT
Hi,

We have similar situation on several of our projects - we need to generate fully debugable
artifacts and also artifacts stripped from all debuging information, optimized and obfuscated.
To resolve this we use classifiers and profiles.
By default everything is built with full debug information, no optimizations and no obfuscations.
We use classifier "debug" in this case.

To generate fully optimized and obfuscated artifacts, we activate a profile (called release)
and this generates artifacts classified as "release".

All unit and functional testing is done against the debug version and it is "skipped" in the
release version.

Best regards,

Dimitar