maven-users mailing list archives

From Ralf Zahn <Ralf.Z...@ARS.de>
Subject Re: Maven Site Generation for foreign projects
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 07:18:05 GMT
Hi,

thanks for your reply. The automatic reporting is not that important for
me. More important is the independency from the build configuration that
is done within the aggregator pom. In other words, building the project
with all its modules is one thing, creating the website containing the
project (or parts of it, or multiple versions built by using different
profiles) is more important for me. If I need parts of the automatic
reporting, I could create the site for the projects too and collect them
during the website build. But this would require to configure the site
generation equal to the website. (I use the Reflow Maven Skin for example)

So what I need is a site generation where I have the flexibility to choose
some artifacts manually instead of using the artifacts. And it would be
great only to configure the site generating project, not the included
artifacts/modules. I know that it could be done easily with parent poms,
but this is very invasive IMHO.

Regards,
Ralf

Russell Gold <russ@gold-family.us> wrote on 18.12.2013 21:15:53:

> From: Russell Gold <russ@gold-family.us>
> To: Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>
> Date: 18.12.2013 21:16
> Subject: Re: Maven Site Generation for foreign projects
>
> Hi Ralf,
>
> You should be able to create your own pages to do just about
> anything you want - but you could lose the automatic reporting that
> Maven supports per module, if you are not generating the site from
> the module poms themselves. Why do you not want to configure the
> build pom for site generation? It shouldn?t add all that much.
>
> Regards,
> Russ
>
> On Dec 18, 2013, at 3:11 PM, Ralf Zahn <Ralf.Zahn@ARS.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > does the maven-site-plugin support the generation of websites that
include
> > artifacts (that are downloaded into the site directory during maven
build
> > from the maven repository) and a download page for them?
> >
> > I have a POM that includes modules (dependent from the profile that is

> > currently active) and do not want to configure this pom for site
> > generation. Instead, I have another project for site generation that
can
> > refer to the modules (artifacts within the maven repository). The
result
> > should be a web site that hosts these artifacts incl. a download page.
> >
> > My current solution is
> > - use the maven dependency plugin to copy the artifacts into the site
> > output directory (path is managed with one maven property per
artifact)
> > - download.apt.vm that creates one link per artifact using the maven
> > property
> >
> > But this is not that generic as it could be. Is there any support for
> > that?
> >
> > Greetings,
> > Ralf Zahn
> >
> > ARS Computer und Consulting GmbH, http://www.ars.de
> > Ridlerstrasse 55, 80339 Muenchen, Deutschland
> >
> > Application Development Services, Business Transformation Services, IT

> > Infrastruktur Services
> > Beratung und Vertrieb zu IBM Software, System x, POWER Systems,
Storage

http://www.fuzzyfacetheater.com/misfile/