maven-users mailing list archives

From Alejandro.E...@miranda.com
Subject property relative to pom
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2013 16:54:22 GMT
I am trying to create a property <outputFolder> in a parent pom since I
want all children modules to use a single output folder. What i tried
first was defining this property in the parent pom
<outputFolder>${project.build.directory}</outputFolder>

And then in a child, something like
<configuration>
        <outputDirectory>${outputFolder}</outputDirectory>
</configuration>

However, the property outputFolder gets defined differently based on where
it is used, so basically, it's the same as if I used this in the children
<configuration>
        <outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}</outputDirectory>
</configuration>
i.e. the children end up using their own output folder like maven does by
default. Is there any way to "anchor" that property to be resolved to the
build directory of the pom where it is defined (the parent pom) and not
where it is accessed?
Alejandro Endo | Software Designer/Concepteur de logiciels
Miranda Technologies | Tel: (514) 333-1772 Ext: 3789
3499 Douglas-B.-Floreani, Montréal, QC  H4S 2C6  Canada
Miranda Technologies is a brand of Belden Inc.
DISCLAIMER:
Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not
copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you
should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not
relate to the official business of the company are neither given
nor endorsed by the company.
Thank You.