maven-users mailing list archives

From Adrien Ruffié <adriennolar...@hotmail.fr>
Subject RE: Maven compilation error "is not within its bound"
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 11:15:42 GMT
I have found more information here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19266797/different-compilation-behavior-w
ith-type-cast-between-eclipse-and-maven/19267547#19267547

that say:

"Eclipse comes with its own Java compiler; Maven uses javac. Most of the
time, both accept the same code but generics are complicated and compiler do
have bugs. There are a couple of known bugs in javac of Java 6 which cause
problems, for example.

Oracle will not fix them. The solution is to use Java 7 to run Maven and
configure the maven-compiler-plugin the generate Java 6 byte code (see Kumar
Sambhav's answer)."

But how I can use Eclipse to compile in Maven ? Because I try this:

<plugin>
        <version>2.0.2</version>
        <configuration>
                <source>1.6</source>
                <target>1.6</target>
                <compilerVersion>1.6</compilerVersion>
                <fork>true</fork>
                <executable>java -classpath
${env.M2_REPO}/org/eclipse/jdt/${org.eclipse.jdt.core.version}/core-${or
g.eclipse.jdt.core.version}.jar
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.Main -classpath rt.jar
-sourcepath "src/main"</executable>
        </configuration>
        <dependencies>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.eclipse.jdt</groupId>
                        <artifactId>core</artifactId>
                        <version>3.3.0-v_771</version>
                </dependency>
        </dependencies>
</plugin>

But I get the following error I attached file

Do you know how I can correctly build my project ?