maven-users mailing list archives

From Adrien Ruffié <adriennolar...@hotmail.fr>
Subject RE: Maven compilation error "is not within its bound"
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 15:31:58 GMT
Not very well ... sorry it is  a very bad problem because I'm cannot upgrade
to Java 1.7 and all not give me satisfaction in compilation, so Eclipse work
well ... I don't have idea

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Stuart McCulloch [mailto:mcculls@gmail.com]
Envoyé : lundi 2 décembre 2013 15:35
À : Maven Users List
Objet : Re: Maven compilation error "is not within its bound"

On 2 Dec 2013, at 11:15, Adrien Ruffié <adriennolarsen@hotmail.fr> wrote:

> I have found more information here:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19266797/different-compilation-beha
> vior-w
> ith-type-cast-between-eclipse-and-maven/19267547#19267547
>
> that say:
>
> "Eclipse comes with its own Java compiler; Maven uses javac. Most of
> the time, both accept the same code but generics are complicated and
> compiler do have bugs. There are a couple of known bugs in javac of
> Java 6 which cause problems, for example.
>
> Oracle will not fix them. The solution is to use Java 7 to run Maven
> and configure the maven-compiler-plugin the generate Java 6 byte code
> (see Kumar Sambhav's answer)."
>

> But how I can use Eclipse to compile in Maven ?

See
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/non-javac-compilers.ht
ml - to use the eclipse compiler:

      <plugin>
        <version>3.1</version>
        <configuration>
          <compilerId>eclipse</compilerId>
        </configuration>
        <dependencies>
          <dependency>
            <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
            <artifactId>plexus-compiler-eclipse</artifactId>
            <version>2.3</version>
          </dependency>
        </dependencies>
      </plugin>

> Because I try this:
>
> <plugin>
>        <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>        <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
>        <version>2.0.2</version>
>        <configuration>
>                <source>1.6</source>
>                <target>1.6</target>
>                <compilerVersion>1.6</compilerVersion>
>                <fork>true</fork>
>                <executable>java -classpath
> ${env.M2_REPO}/org/eclipse/jdt/${org.eclipse.jdt.core.version}/core-${
> or
> g.eclipse.jdt.core.version}.jar
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.Main -classpath rt.jar
> -sourcepath "src/main"</executable>
>        </configuration>
>        <dependencies>
>                <dependency>
>                        <groupId>org.eclipse.jdt</groupId>
>                        <artifactId>core</artifactId>
>                        <version>3.3.0-v_771</version>
>                </dependency>
>        </dependencies>
> </plugin>
>
> But I get the following error I attached file
>
> Do you know how I can correctly build my project ?

Maven.