maven-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: maven-release-plugin oddity - no git commit under mvn 3.1.1
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 10:56:21 GMT
On 9 December 2013 20:48, Mark Derricutt <mark@talios.com> wrote:
> I was speaking with Olivier on IRC earlier, so far I've managed to work around the issue
by adding a <dependency/> on the latest maven-scm-providers-gitexe inside my maven-release-plugin
<plugin/> block and that seems to have resolved the issue.

> Simply dropping back to 2.3.2 of the release plugin didn't help as that still picked
up the older maven-scm version which was looking for a git status output starting with #.

Yup correct.
I hope we avoid such issue when using jgit provider (if it's released one day)

> Mark
>
> On 9 Dec 2013, at 22:00, Stephen Connolly wrote:
>
>> There is a know issue with Git and release plugin 2.4.2 and something to do
>> with SCM version bundled in Maven 3.1.1? (or maybe 3.1.x) Olivier may know
>> more.

AFAIK scm is not bundled with core.

--
Olivier Lamy