maven-users mailing list archives

From Cemo <cemalettin....@gmail.com>
Subject Releasing artifacts with and without debug info
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 07:28:53 GMT
Hi,

Jackson project is using this compiler parameters to reduce jar size.

          <debug>true</debug>
>           <debuglevel>lines,source</debuglevel>

However this is causing a lot pain to debug. Every single artifact has to
be compiled with necessary compiler flags again to be debugged. Before
suggesting something I wanted to be sure about that. Is there any practice
to distribute artifacts with and without debug info? The first thing which
came to my mind is *classifier. *Is this a good usage? What do you think?

Thanks