maven-users mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Re: How to add a dependency programmatically for the compile phase?
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2013 14:22:17 GMT
Well, it doesn't talk about the solution you're talking about, which I
pointed out in my initial mail.
The solution I had in mind, but don't really know if it is doable, would be
to have a custom packaging type (which is packaged as a plugin as explained
in the article) which would map to the .aar file type. It would then have
an ArtifactHandler which would then do the magic you're asking about.

BUT, I don't know if this works.

How would this work if Maven was not used? How would the compiler be able
to read/use the jar in the aar file? Is it a special classloader?

I was about to point you at Manfred, but I found a thread where I see that
you're already working with him. :-)

/Anders