maven-users mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade to 3.1.1 causes problems
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 19:55:25 GMT
I answered  to their 5 page questionaire and did not read their 200 page
license agreement, which all allowed me download their JDK (This probably
means IBM now own any further kids I may choose to have...)

The IBM jdk does appear to support concurrent classloading. There is
probably some subtle difference in internal synchronization mechanisms that
is causing this to bork out on IBM JDK. The appropriate path of action here
would probably be to simply compare the two different java.lang.ClassLoader
implementations and find the difference.

I will try to get around to this fairly quickly; if someone wants to do a
side-by side walkthrough (maybe comparing with
http://www.docjar.com/html/api/java/lang/ClassLoader.java.html), it should
be fairly easy to track. Concurrency/synchronization is the thing to check
here.

Kristian