maven-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Pennebaker <apenneba...@42six.com>
Subject Help hiding INFO messages from Apache MINA SSHD
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 16:27:45 GMT
I'm using Apache MINA SSHD for some unit tests, and all the INFO messages
it spits out are making it hard to see my own INFO messages. I came across
a helpful log4j.properties<https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/source/browse/gerrit-war/src/main/resources/log4j.properties?r=92cb0d213a4a522d782fec7c8144e9dd36f24898>in
project gerrit, and started writing my own file based on that.
Unfortunately, these settings are being ignored in my Maven project, and I
can't figure out why.

*`mvn test -Dlog4j.debug=true` shows my log4j.properties being loaded
after the first sshd INFO message, and once my settings are loaded, sshd
INFO messages are still printed.*

* I've tried setting the threshold to WARN.
* I've tried setting log4j.logger.org.apache.sshd.common to WARN.
* I've tried tried turning off log4j.logger.org.apache.sshd.common.
* I've tried using log4j.xml.
* I've tried writing configuration in src/main/resources/.
* I've tried writing configuration in src/test/resources/.

Any idea why this would happen?

--
Cheers,

Andrew Pennebaker