maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Releasing artifacts with and without debug info
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 10:37:54 GMT
Well first off I think it would be better to have the full debug info in
the main artifact.... as you can always use tooling to strip debug info as
a consumer

the debug info will have no effect on the transitive dependencies, so from
that PoV having a -nodebug.jar makes sense

Classifier would seem to be appropriate for this case... but I would be
interested to see what others say.

The other thing to keep in mind is that Tatu is a very smart guy... there
is likely a good reason that he's just forgotten which was his primary
reason and the file size is just a secondary reason that is easier to
remember.