maven-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Maven for C/C++ development usable as well? Hudson server?
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2013 23:43:58 GMT

> Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 07:44:57 -0800
> From: poubelle2013@limule.com
> To: users@maven.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Maven for C/C++ development usable as well? Hudson server?
>
> That's done, after 2 hours of fight against svn (install svn, read
> documentation, apply diff, generate patch, remember login access in jira,
> etc...)
> It's exactly as Dan Tran expects it:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-1647
>
> I must admit that even with this patch, I did not success to convince my
> colleagues (who were using Borland C++ under MS smopuiM) to use maven. They
> use svn cross references to mix sources files.
MG>maven-jxr-plugin
   The JXR plugin has 2 goals:
-  * {{{plugin-info.html}jxr:jxr}} is used to generate a cross-reference page of the project's
main sources. The generated JXR
+  * {{{jxr-mojo.html}jxr:jxr}} is used to generate a cross-reference page of the project's
main sources. The generated JXR
   files can be linked to the javadocs of the project.

-  * {{{plugin-info.html}jxr:test-jxr}} on the other hand, is used to generate a cross-reference
page of the project's test sources.
+  * {{{test-jxr-mojo.html}jxr:test-jxr}} on the other hand, is used to generate a cross-reference
page of the project's test sources.
MG>http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jxr-plugin/

It was a real nightmare to
> try to clarify dependencies between projects...
MG>mvn dependency:tree -Dverbose
MG>http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/examples/resolving-conflicts-using-the-dependency-tree.html

MG>maven is a build management system which handles all artifacts under a known universal
configurator
MG>an example is Window DLLs can be built by Borland
MG>Apple Ios Distros can be handled by Cocoa
MG>all of  the Entity Beans and Framework classes for your WebServer can be handled by
Classic Java
MG>There is no other build management system which instruments all artifacts for All Languages
for All MG>Device/Platform combinations..