maven-users mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Painless way to update a frameworks group id?
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 08:01:11 GMT
Hi,

I am the current maintainer of the Flexmojos Maven Plugin and contributor to the Apache Flex
Project.

Currently I am working on a new Version of Flexmojos which is able to work with Flex SDKs
that have a groupId of org.apache.flex instead of the old com.adobe.flex. While building applications
with the new groupId was no big Problem, we are now facing a Problem, that I don't quite know
how to elegantly solve it.

Assuming I am building a Project and I switched the groupId of the Flex Framework to "org.apache.flex".
As Long as I am building all artifacts in the Project this is fine. But as soon as I am using
a Flex library that was built for com.apache.flex Maven correctly adds that artifacts dependencies
to the build. Unfortunately this way I have several artifacts in my build twice ... once with
com.adobe.flex and once with org.apache.flex groupId.

Now I was suggesting to manually exclude Framework artifacts when using an external lib, but
I would like to automate this. Therefore I suggested to add all the org.apache.flex artifacts
as com.adobe.flex artifacts, but to set the scope on These to "provided". But it still sort
of doesn't feel right.

Any suggestions? Would be really happy to sort this out and make it less painfull for my users.

Chris