maven-users mailing list archives

From "Lyons, Roy" <>
Subject Re: Searching for artifacts which are used as a dependency by other artifacts
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 15:22:21 GMT
I can say that Sonatype has a solution for this in CLM - as long as you
scan everything it will maintain the relationships for the reverse
dependency lookup.

I think I heard that they were thinking about bringing this capability to
Nexus (by querying CLM in the backend).

Other than that, I ended up writing a perl script that would parse the
following out of every branch in every repository:
mvn help:effective-pom
mvn dependency:list

I then read that into a wonderful hash structure which I used to create a
reverse hash, and then create a nice csv file from that data which I can
use in and excel-like program to search for the dependency - and see the
results.  I created a forward-dependency.csv and a reverse-dependency.csv
with my hash structures to present the data in different ways.

Either way, its totally possible to do.

On 12/19/13 8:36 AM, "Karl Heinz Marbaise" <> wrote:

>currently i'm searching for a solution to the given problem:
>Given maven coordinates: GAV
>I would like to know of which other artifacts (GAV) this given GAV is
>used by. Or in other words which artifacts having a dependency to the
>above artifact.
>I've found in the meantime the maven-indexer project which uses the
>repository index (central or others like from Nexus). But it looks like
>it can't solve this...may be i miss something in relationship with
>maven-indexer ..
>Does someone have an idea how to solve the above problem ?
>I appreciate any hints etc. links or so...
>Kind regards
>Karl-Heinz Marbaise
>SoftwareEntwicklung Beratung Schulung    Tel.: +49 (0) 2405 / 415 893
>Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl-Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
>Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
>52146 W├╝rselen
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: