maven-users mailing list archives

From Malte Skoruppa <>
Subject Re: how to run compile and packaging before test?
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2013 09:18:24 GMT
> Just scanning and its not obvious by the
> content on the page where the books are.
> Its over in the menu on the left under Documentation > Books and Resources
> I wonder if we should add a section under "Learning about Maven".
> When you might have gone looking, where would you expect to find this info?

I actually only learned about the books from this mailing list. A new
user won't usually read the entire menu. They will just scan it.
To get started with Maven on the website, I only read the documentation
links under "User Centre". I think it would be a good idea if at least
the "Getting Started Guide" had one sentence at the very end that went
something like "To find out more about Maven, check out the <a
href=...>books</a>!" Then, at least everybody who checks out the Getting
Started Guide at least KNOWS that there are books ;-)

Meanwhile, one doesn't necessarily have to buy a book to learn about the
Maven lifecycle. This is also explained on the website:
A link to the Guides index (guides/index.html) at the end of the Getting
Started Guide would also be a good idea, for the same reasons.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message