maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: plugin version ranges errors with Maven 3.1.1
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 20:53:41 GMT
Pick a shade version that works on both.

Ron

On 06/12/2013 3:14 PM, John Dix wrote:
> Agreed however I need to support two builds in our environment one that uses Maven 3.0.5
and one that does 3.1.1 without having to change the file every time.

> Do you know what is wrong with the version range?

the community has largely decided it is actually not a best practice as it can introduce instability
in an otherwise stable build. I would just drop it and use a fixed version until you realize
that you need features in a newer release of the plugin.

> Wayne

> This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and
subject to the Amdocs policy statement,
> you may review at http://www.amdocs.com/email_disclaimer.asp

Ron Wheeler
President