maven-users mailing list archives

From Eric Kolotyluk <eric.koloty...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring POM for Tomcat
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 19:17:00 GMT
I am converting a manual Eclipse built of our WebApp to Maven. I have
never done a WebApp in Maven before, and was not really sure how to
handle the dependencies on tomcat.

When I looked for tomcat on Maven Central what I wound was various
archives of jar files, but that would not link into maven properly, so I
was unsure of how to access them.

I was trying to resolve dependencies on HttpServlet, and did not want to
have to create dependencies for all the tomcat jars.

Fortunately, Ron Wheeler gave me a workable solution - thanks Ron.

Cheers, Eric