maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Adding plugins
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 16:25:18 GMT
Some advice for starting out with Maven.

http://blog.artifact-software.com/tech/?p=177

Setup a Maven repo usining one of the free repo packages.

Then you just proxy whatever external repos you need and put your
artifacts in hosted repos .
These are tied into a virtual repo that your settings.xml references as
a single to get whatever it needs regardless of where it comes from.

PLug-ins and artifacts are separate types of things but are all handled
through a maven Repo configuration.

Even if you are a one person shop and install it on your PC, it will
save you grief and when you are ready to implement maven for a team, you
already have the setup in place and you know how to use maven properly.

We use Sonatype's community version and it is excellent. There are 2
other repository packages that are commonly used as well.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President