maven-users mailing list archives

From Stuart McCulloch <mccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven compilation error "is not within its bound"
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 14:34:48 GMT
On 2 Dec 2013, at 11:15, Adrien Ruffié <adriennolarsen@hotmail.fr> wrote:

> I have found more information here:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19266797/different-compilation-behavior-w
> ith-type-cast-between-eclipse-and-maven/19267547#19267547
>
> that say:
>
> "Eclipse comes with its own Java compiler; Maven uses javac. Most of the
> time, both accept the same code but generics are complicated and compiler do
> have bugs. There are a couple of known bugs in javac of Java 6 which cause
> problems, for example.
>
> Oracle will not fix them. The solution is to use Java 7 to run Maven and
> configure the maven-compiler-plugin the generate Java 6 byte code (see Kumar
> Sambhav's answer)."
>

> But how I can use Eclipse to compile in Maven ?

See http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/non-javac-compilers.html - to use
the eclipse compiler:

      <plugin>
        <version>3.1</version>
        <configuration>
          <compilerId>eclipse</compilerId>
        </configuration>
        <dependencies>
          <dependency>
            <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
            <artifactId>plexus-compiler-eclipse</artifactId>
            <version>2.3</version>
          </dependency>
        </dependencies>
      </plugin>