maven-users mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <>
Subject Re: Maven Site Generation for foreign projects
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:15:53 GMT
Hi Ralf,

You should be able to create your own pages to do just about anything you want - but you could
lose the automatic reporting that Maven supports per module, if you are not generating the
site from the module poms themselves. Why do you not want to configure the build pom for site
generation? It shouldn’t add all that much.

On Dec 18, 2013, at 3:11 PM, Ralf Zahn <> wrote:

> Hi,
> does the maven-site-plugin support the generation of websites that include
> artifacts (that are downloaded into the site directory during maven build
> from the maven repository) and a download page for them?
> I have a POM that includes modules (dependent from the profile that is
> currently active) and do not want to configure this pom for site
> generation. Instead, I have another project for site generation that can
> refer to the modules (artifacts within the maven repository). The result
> should be a web site that hosts these artifacts incl. a download page.
> My current solution is
> - use the maven dependency plugin to copy the artifacts into the site
> output directory (path is managed with one maven property per artifact)
> - download.apt.vm that creates one link per artifact using the maven
> property
> But this is not that generic as it could be. Is there any support for
> that?
> Greetings,
> Ralf Zahn
> ARS Computer und Consulting GmbH,
> Ridlerstrasse 55, 80339 Muenchen, Deutschland
> Application Development Services, Business Transformation Services, IT
> Infrastruktur Services
> Beratung und Vertrieb zu IBM Software, System x, POWER Systems, Storage
> License Management Services, IBM Passport Advantage Lizenzierung
> Handelsregister Muenchen, HRB 101829, USt-ID: DE 155 068 909
> Geschaeftsfuehrer: Michael Arbesmeier, Kai-Uwe Rommel, Roland Schock,
> Joachim Gucker

Author, Getting Started with Apache Maven <>

Come read my webnovel, Take a Lemon <>,
and listen to the Misfile radio play <>!