maven-users mailing list archives

From John Dix <John....@amdocs.com>
Subject RE: Version resolution question (was: plugin version ranges errors with Maven 3.1.1)
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 23:44:34 GMT
Sorry, I meant we do not have Shade 2.1 plugin. 2.0 is in our repository.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Dix
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 3:25 PM
To: Maven Users List; rwheeler@artifact-software.com
Subject: RE: Version resolution question (was: plugin version ranges errors with Maven 3.1.1)

Unfortunately I don't believe that solves the problem. We actually do not have the Shade plugin
in our repositories and so I manually place it into our .m2 repository into the right place.
The reason this is happening because our organization is big and adding anything to our repository
takes a papal bull and a month of testing. I am trying to build an argument for our architects
to upgrade to Maven 3.1.1 which solves several bugs we're running into.

That is why I am doing all of this.

Now, I want to force it to look in .m2 before going anywhere else. I thought if I used the
-o flag to tell I to work offline it would do this, however it isn't.

Is there a way to force it to look in the .m2 for what it needs rather than having to go to
mavencentral?