maven-users mailing list archives

From John Dix <John....@amdocs.com>
Subject RE: plugin version ranges errors with Maven 3.1.1
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 22:16:21 GMT
Ahhhhhhh, so the version contraints actually depend upon what kind of component you're specifying...
I guess that makes sense as it helps determine how Maven itself works... Which also explains
why the other gentlemen said that it breaks best practices...

Makes sense then.

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: ctrueden.wisc@gmail.com [mailto:ctrueden.wisc@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Curtis Rueden
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 1:12 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: plugin version ranges errors with Maven 3.1.1

Hi John,

> According to the examples and documentation I have seen, this should
> work.

At least in my quickly Googling around, I cannot find anything that says that version ranges
actually work for plugins -- only for dependencies. Do you have a pointer to docs explicitly
stating that it works with Maven plugins? If not, it might not be supported at all. I did
a quick test on my system with Maven 3.1.1 and got the same error you did.

Regards,
Curtis