maven-users mailing list archives

From John Dix <John....@amdocs.com>
Subject RE: plugin version ranges errors with Maven 3.1.1
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 20:14:11 GMT
Agreed however I need to support two builds in our environment one that uses Maven 3.0.5 and
one that does 3.1.1 without having to change the file every time.

Do you know what is wrong with the version range?

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Fay [mailto:waynefay@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 12:08 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: plugin version ranges errors with Maven 3.1.1

> I am trying to specify a version range in a pom.xml in order to support our build by
doing the following:

The idea of supporting version ranges in plugins was good when first implemented but the community
has largely decided it is actually not a best practice as it can introduce instability in
an otherwise stable build. I would just drop it and use a fixed version until you realize
that you need features in a newer release of the plugin.

Wayne

to the Amdocs policy statement,