maven-users mailing list archives

From John Dix <John....@amdocs.com>
Subject plugin version ranges errors with Maven 3.1.1
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 19:12:10 GMT
I am trying to specify a version range in a pom.xml in order to support our build by doing
the following:

<plugin>
<groupId> org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
<artifactId> maven-shade-plugin</artifactId>
<version>[2.0, )</version>
</plugin>

And I am getting this error:

[ERROR] Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-shade-plugin:[2.0,) or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-shade-plugin:jar:[2.0,):
Could not transfer artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-shade-plugin:pom:[2.0,) from/to
qpass-nexus-hosted-releases (http://xxxx:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases): Illegal
character in path at index 115: http://xxx:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/[2.0,)/maven-shade-plugin-[2.0,).pom
-> [Help 1]

According to the examples and documentation I have seen, this should work.

Any idea?

John "Caolan" Dix
Programming Sr. SME, Digital Commerce
Amdocs Mobile Financial Services Division
o: 206-288-0308 m: 425.351.7340
AMDOCS | EMBRACE CHALLENGE EXPERIENCE SUCCESS

Did you know...?
A global consumer survey by Analysys Mason and Amdocs reveals that cash is past its prime.
Download the new white paper, "Mobile Financial Services: The Evolution of Payment" here<http://amdocs.com/mfs-wp>.

Read the latest on Amdocs.com<http://www.amdocs.com/> and the Amdocs blog network<http://blogs.amdocs.com/>
- and follow us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/AmdocsMobilePayments>, Twitter<https://twitter.com/amdocsmpayments>,
LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/amdocs>, YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/amdocs>