maven-users mailing list archives

From Matthieu Moy <Matthieu....@grenoble-inp.fr>
Subject Re: System-wide, read-only repository
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 07:23:50 GMT
Barrie Treloar <baerrach@gmail.com> writes:

> Your wiki doesn't include a Maven Repository Manager setup.
> Are you not going to set one up?

That's not planed, no.

> Reduction in your internet bandwidth would be the biggest gain for the
> organisation.

It wouldn't be that great. We have a fast internet connection, and our
project doesn't have _that_ many dependencies.

It's the students first contact with Maven (and with tons of other
tools), so we really need to make it easy for them (and for the
teacher's team too, indeed, we have a bunch of things to maintain, and
reducing the list by one is nice). Keeping the default configuration as
much as possible is a real gain here (nothing to configure, works at
school, works on their laptop too).

I'm not having a real problem to solve here, just trying to avoid waste.

--
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/