maven-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: AW: AW: mvn release:prepare does not update parent version
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2013 15:04:22 GMT
I'm pretty sure that by far most projects are released with 2.0, since
this has been the default for Apache Maven for many releases. IIRC this
has been updated for Maven 3.0.3, so if you don't specify the version, 2.0
will be used.

Now let's review this thread:
1. Markus describes his issue
2. Maximiliano asks the most important question  (2 thumbs up!)
3. However, Markus answers this with 2.4.2, but in the end this was a
wrong assumption. It was actually 2.0.

Only with the evidence attached to MRELEASE-837 it was easy for me help.
Mark, don't feel bad, because this is by far the most common mistake for
the maven-release-plugin: assuming you're using the latest and greatest (
Maven2 used to pick that one up, right? ) but still relying on a very old
version.
There were enough issues which could be closed by just updating the
version.

@MG I'm a bit lost by your comments
1. Which docs are you talking about?
2. What are you trying to do here? If this is about trying to figure out
where it was actually fixed, Markus should try to release his project with
the versions between 2.0 and 2.4.2, where my guess is 2.4 due to a
complete rewrite of this code as part of MRELEASE-511.
Anyhow, I'm not going to apply a specific patch to older releases.
3. See previous bullet.

What do you mean with the fireworks? The only issues I've seen with the
2.4.x releases were GIT related or credentials related. A reference to a
JIRA issue would help.

Robert

[1] https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-511