maven-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: deplot at end not working
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 20:02:47 GMT
1. No, the only open issue related to installAtEnd is MINSTALL-102.
However, I have my doubts if this should be marked as a bug or just a
requirement to be able to use installAtEnd.
Think about it: what would be the fix? The first time the m-install-p-2.6
(which will probably be the next release) is used in a multimodule
project, it must analyze all projects and count all 2.5.x versions.
There's already a different strategy between 2.5 and 2.5.1. You must also
ensure that the last module/project supports installAtEnd, which can be
tricky with a multithreaded build.

In other words, it is indeed a requirement, otherwise installAtEnd won't
work.

2. With the current behavior installAtEnd is disabled. The community asked
for a solution to be able to install/deploy at the end and the current
implementation is something which will work for most of the projects. It
would be better if this could be fixed in the way Maven walks through the
lifecycle, but I wouldn't expect something like this in one of the
following Maven releases, because it will have a huge impact.

You could create a request for a new feature to verify the versions of
these plugins, but it will only start checking with the first module which
has the maven-install-plugin with this capability. So it could happen that
the first 20 are installed because they relied on an older version.

If you have a good structure of your project, you should be able to lock
the version for these plugins with the pluginManagement. That's by far the
simplest and probably best solution.

Robert