maven-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Panasiuk <adek...@gmail.com>
Subject A case that fools maven-compiler-plugin
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 11:51:45 GMT
Hi,

I have a found a case where maven-compiler-plugin 3.1 compiles files in the
wrong order. As it is near impossible to post a bug report on jira, I'm
posting here. If the bug is of any relevance, here's the test case, if it's
not that important, then I'm cool with leaving it unresolved as well:

// pack/Prop.java:

package pack;

public class Prop { }

//pack/age/Cond.java:

package pack.age;

import static pack.age.Cond.De.and;
import pack.Prop;

public class Cond
{
public static class De extends Prop {
public static void and() {}
}
{
Prop z;
}
}

mvn3 clean compile

and an error message:

[ERROR] /home/adi/plg/winiary/src/main/java/pack/age/Cond.java:[9,40]
cannot find symbol
symbol: class Prop
location: class pack.age.Cond

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1:compile
(default-compile) on project ztrupa: Compilation failure
[ERROR] /home/adi/plg/winiary/src/main/java/pack/age/Cond.java:[9,40]
cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol: class Prop
[ERROR] location: class pack.age.Cond

Best regards,