maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Namespace issues in Maven projects between Mac and Windows
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 15:53:30 GMT
> But on my friend's machine, Maven complained during compilation that it
> could not find the Java file. By moving the file into a directory structure
> matching its stated package, we got "mvn compile" and "mvn test" to work on
> his machine as well. I'm curious why our "mvn compile"s are behaving
> differently.

I very much doubt Maven itself cares and emits any errors or warnings.
Most likely those are coming from the JDK (javac) on the system. Once
you confirm this is true, you will know this is simply due to
variances in the JDK produced for one platform vs another or different
versions of the JDK.

Wayne