maven-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Cody <gordon.c...@zafin.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: AW: mvn release:prepare does not update parent version
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2013 13:31:21 GMT
You may want to upgrade maven itself once more. It is not just maven itself
but the combination of plugins that are used and your environment matters.
Ensure that each maven goal you plan on using in your environment actually
works in your environment before you need it for real. Maven has to work
with your vcs, your artifact mgmt (nexus/artifactory/other), your network
security policies, etc. all at the same time.

When we began upgrading existing projects from mvn-2.0.9 we had to also
upgrade numerous plugins. It took some effort to find the combination of
plugins/configuration that allowed us to do 'mvn deploy' successfully with
mvn-3.0.4. But 'mvn release' did not work in our environment until
mvn-3.0.5 was released!!. Underlying plugin(s) had changed.

Regards, Gord