maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason Tesser <jasontes...@gmail.com>
Subject Help for Maven Migration
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 18:42:12 GMT
I am trying to figure out the best way to migrate over and use Maven for
Dependency Management.

My question is :  I have about 130 Jars in the Project we are a large
project. I have Artifactory set up. SOme of the JARs I don't even have
versions for as they have been around for years.  A few we have even
modified.

I want to know Should I just deploy my entire WEB-INF/lib to Artifactory?
I have figured out for a single JAR I can deploy the artifact like so
mvn deploy:deploy-file -e
-Durl=http://repo.dotcms.com/artifactory/dotcms-DrepositoryId=dotcms
-Dfile=Tidy.jar -Dversion=ukv
-DgroupId=com.dotcms.lib -Dpackaging=jar -DartifactId=Tidy

Deploying my entire WEB-INF/lib seems easiest to me BUT then what is the
EASIEST way to generate the POM for the dependencies? Is there a single
command that can do this? Is there a MVN command that will do this for me?

In the end I need a POM that people will point to that will have all the
libs for compile time because they will be building plugins in our system